Following Government guidance and in the interests of health and safety, field meetings were cancelled in 2020 until further notice. The BSBI Trustees continue to closely monitor the situation and will issue advice on changes as promptly as possible in 2021. For further information please contact your County Recorder(s).
Our Programme of Field Meetings for Spring 2019 is now available to download. All botanical meetings will start at 10 a.m. and finish at about 3.30 p.m. or when everybody has had enough. Please bring sandwiches and drinks. Walking will be limited to a couple of miles.
You do not need to be member of the BSBI or anything else to come along. You can be a beginner or an expert, and just interested in identifying and finding plants. Please bring field guides and a lens if you have them. If you want any more information ring us on 01827 712455 or email us at email@example.com
Warwickshire Flora Group
Our plans are to establish systems for recording throughout the county and to encourage local botanists to start networking again through a series of Field Meetings.
A Rare Plant Register was published in 2018 - follow the link on the right to access your copy.
2009 saw the publication of Warwickshire’s Wildflowers by Steven J. Falk from Warwickshire Museum. This was the first comprehensive account of the county’s native and naturalised plants for 30 years. The first half of the book covers the history of plant recording in the county and gives detailed information on habitats, the second half is a checklist that gives the status of nearly 1800 plants that have been seen within the vice-county.
The book is available from booksellers and from Warwick Museum, Market Place, Warwick, CV34 4SA.
- *NEW* Newsletter No. 18 (April 2020)
- Newsletter No. 17 (November 2019)
- Newsletter No. 16 (March 2019)
- Newsletter No. 15 (November 2018)
- Newsletter No. 14 (November 2017)
- Newsletter No. 13 (March 2017)
- Newsletter No. 12 (December 2016)
- Newsletter No. 11 (March 2016)
- Newsletter No. 10 (December 2015)
- Newsletter No. 9 (March 2015)
- Newsletter No. 7 (March 2014)
- Newsletter No. 6 (December 2013)
- Newsletter No. 5 (March 2013)
- Newsletter No. 4 (December 2012)
- Newsletter No. 3 (March 2012)
- Newsletter No. 2 (December 2011)
- Newsletter No. 1 (March 2011)
John and Monika Walton - note this is a change of email address
46 Hill Top, Baddesley Ensor, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 2BQ
- Proceedings of the Birmingham Natural History Society, Vol. 23 No. 2 (1976)
- Proceedings of the Birmingham Natural History Society, Vol. 20 No. 4 (1965)
- Proceedings of the Birmingham Natural History Society, Vol. 20 No. 2 (1965)
- Proceedings of the Birmingham Natural History Society, Vol. 19 No. 1 (1960)
- Proceedings of the Birmingham Natural History Society, Vol. 18 No. 5 (1955)
- Warwickshire’s rarest flowers. Report by James Partridge, c. 2002.